Everyone:
I have a situation where a client has a number of custom fields that need updating to different custom field types. I would prefer to stay out of the database or do project exports, although willing to do it if that is the only option.
Basically the client has successfully been using JIRA for quite some time, but some of the custom fields should be updated to meet newer requirements. For example one field that was only used for numbers before, now should be changed to a text field to bring in additional input.
I can create the second field, but the problem is they have ~400 issues that have values in the current field that will not be in the new field. Since they are not always the same value (where I can bulk edit things over to the new field), I am thinking it would be nice to copy from one field to another.
Another option might be to change the field type (number --> text), although that doesn't seem to be a good option either.
If anyone has any good ideas of some options that would be great.
Respectfully,
Jeremy Neuharth