I managed to make a subscription to a filter that sends e-mails to a group of users when the issue's due date has arrived (and it's not resolved yet). Is it possible to send these e-mails to a group that has been set in a custom field?
For example, let's say I have a GroupPicker custom field called "Responsible group". Then I have 3 issues A, B and C. Group1 is responsible for A and B. Group2 is responsible for C. All of the issues have the same due date.
Now, what I'd like to happen is, when the due date arrives, send all members of Group1 a mail about issues A and B, but Group2 - about issue C. And I'd like these e-mails to be sent periodically until they are resolved.
I was thinking about making the filter based on currentUser() being in "Responsible group", but I think JQL doesn't support that. Is there a way to do what I'm trying to? Maybe I need a plugin for that (can I make a plugin that runs itself on a timer)?