We are starting a review of our customer Help Center to refresh and update the design and usability. I would love to see some examples of the amazing work I am sure you all have done. Would anyone be willing to share their designs as either an image (if site is secured) or links (if site is available to the public)?
Hi @Amy Baker and welcome to the Community.
Since this is filed under JSM, I presume that you're using the Knowledge Base feature and make your Confluence content available in JSM (or a variation of this approach).
Or are you looking into splitting the two? Let's face it, JSM isn't the best tool in which one makes documentation available to customers (whether public or protected).
Anyway, I'd advise to ask questions like:
Back in my 'clinical practice' of tech writer and docs content manager, I would use opportunities like yours to do dig deeper and look into the overal documentation strategy.
Prior to my current role, I built these two sites from Confluence.
The gist about how they work (including backend setup) is here in my older Community articles - they may not match your use case 100% but may inspire you.
I prefered circumventing customer support tools (Zendesk, Jira, etc.) as documentation hosts and look at integration options.
We are using the customer Help Center in JSM, our portal url is WVU IT Help Center - Jira Service Management. Our knowledge is currently publicly available, and you have to authenticate to submit most requests. So, yes, the knowledge space linking is already in place. We are looking at design and layout. We also will likely be adding more Help Centers in the near future, so this is a good time to give the visuals and UX an upgrade.
Hi @Amy Baker , I took a look at your Help Center landing page and how you organized the info, it's very clean and easy to understand what the site offers. Nice job!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.