Hi everyone,
I am looking for assistance with reducing my Bitbucket Cloud repository size. I have recently migrated several large files to Git LFS and performed a full history rewrite using
```git lfs migrate import --include="pipelines/**/data/*.zip" --everything --verbose``` and then ```git push --all --force```
Steps taken:
Rewrote history to convert large files into LFS pointers.
Verified locally that the repository size has decreased significantly i.e. 349mb with
GIT_LFS_SKIP_SMUDGE=1 git clone <repo-url> and otherwise 932
Force-pushed the changes to Bitbucket Cloud.
The Issue:
Despite these steps, the repository size shown in the Bitbucket UI has not decreased. I understand that Bitbucket Cloud may be retaining internal references (such as pull request diffs or auto-merges) that keep the old large objects reachable, preventing the automated garbage collection from pruning them.
Since I am on a Free plan and cannot trigger a manual GC myself, could a Support Engineer please help by:
Identifying and removing internal references to the old, rewritten commits.
Manually running garbage collection (GC) on this repository.
Repository URL: https://bitbucket.org/manualcreator/manualcreator_scripts
I am aware that this process may result in the loss of historical pull request data (diffs/comments) associated with the rewritten commits and I am okay with that.
Thank you for your help!