We have been trialling the story map plugin over the last couple of months on a download installation of Jira and like it. I have a concerns about deploying to our production Jira instance in relation to performance.
I would like to know if you have any information on the performance of your story map plugin at scale?
We have a large Jira instance (Jira v5.1.6 with the Greenhopper plugin v6.0.5 and some other plugins. We are planning to upgrade to Jira 6.1 and the latest Greenhopper plugin in the next 6 weeks.)
- Issues - 705167
- Projects - 548
- Custom Fields - 589
- Workflows - 109
- Attachments - 675945
- Comments - 2104831
- Users - 5254
- Groups - 314
I would like to know what type of footprint this plugin may add to my Jira instance:
- Does it add its own data to the Jira lucene indexes - If so how much do they grow by typically?
- Should I consider increasing JVM RAM if I proceed with purchasing your plugin?
- Does it consume any disk space on the server side?
- How many issues can a story map handle before there is a notable performance degradation either with the story map or Jira or both?
- Does the number of story maps affect the performance?
- Does the plugin write many records to the database or is the story map calculated dynamically from the Epic/Theme field?
If you have no performance data for the plugin - can you tell us what type of things (that may affect performance) we should test in the plugin (on a test instance of Jira) before we deploy this to production?
Thanks,
Cyril Egan