Hello,
I have a question about filtering cleanviews by smart dropdown fields.
I have a field "boardmember" in form "boardvote" that is a smart dropdown which references a table "allboardmembers" whose fields are
- name (text, e.g. "Michael Scott")
- role (text, e.g. "Manager")
The field name being selected by form boardmember using the smart dropdown is [name].
In the form "boardvote" I bave three fields
- boardmember (smart dropdown to allboardmembers [name])
- vote (radio button)
- deputy (text, optional)
I have been asked to record the vote of each boardmember in a way that makes it clear who has and has not voted. I am trying to do this with a table:
Role | Boardmember | Deputy | Vote
Manager | ((name e.g. Michael Scott)) | ((Michael's deputy)) | (("Michael's vote))
Salesman | ((Jim Halpert)) | ((deputy)) | ((vote))
Receptionist | (Pam Beesly)) | ((deputy)) | ((vote))
Where the items in bold are hardcoded table headers and the items in ((italics)) are confiforms cleanview macro of the vote field filtered to only votes to a person with that [name].
My question is: how do I filter the displayed results to only show the vote(s) from the person with that role on on the table.
In my first attempt, I didn't even try to include the role, and tried filtering directly by boardmember:*Michael* or similar. I could not even get that to work, so I know I'm on the wrong track. Edit: I was able to get "boardmember:Michael Scott" to work just now by unchecking reference to records, but I think that may preclude me from being able to access [role].
Would greatly appreciate your help! Thanks very much.