We have bought lately "JIRA Email This Issue" (JETI) lately to support the requirements of one of our customers:
- They are not registered as users in JIRA (only one of them).
- But a list of people (== external email addresses) have to be informed about every change.
I have now tried some time to find a good (KISS) configuration, but the best I could find is:
- Define for each relevant event type a template.
- Define one notification scheme for that project.
- Register all events (one by one) to the template, and include in each notification event the list of users to be informed.
I tried to not use at all templates, but then the whole thing does not work.
What I don't like about the solution is:
- I have duplicated the normal notification scheme (more or less).
- I have duplicated the list of recepients.
I tried to use the default, but that takes all the time the same template, which does not fit well.
Is there a better solution available?