Custom JS existing on description of custom field is simply showing as description on screens. Existing functionality was broken on Create Issue screens. Is there any workaround?
We disabled this on purpose: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Fields+Allowing+Custom+HTML+or+JavaScript You can use a plugin to deliver custom JS if you need to.
Looks like the website was down so I am not sure what it was on the mentioned page. Can we enable this again? One question: Cant we use JS on any existing JSP pages or on Announcement Banner?
Boris, I tried many times but the site is down. Could you please point any other page if that was available?
The site is not down, I just tested it. I would suggest trying to access it from a different connection? Or maybe something is busted with your Atlassian ID account, try viewing it in an incognito window.
Remove JS from description and copy it as a JS file. Now call the custom JS file from announcement banner. it works.
Good approach. Exactly the same we did already since a few years and hence it - luckily - saved us during the update to JIRA 6.4.11 :-)
hi @srinivas
Looks like a promising solution. Can you please post an example of how I can call teh custom JS from announment banner?
I have the sample script here, which change sthe value of one custom field depending on other field's value. This once doesn't worked when the JS placed in Description.
"<script type="text/javascript">appName = document.getElementById('customfield_14262');
target = document.getElementById('customfield_14261');
if (appName=="Bergen.Service) {target.value = "bergen service"}</script>"
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.