We've set up "Trusted Application" and "oAuth" between JIRA and Confluence. JIRA filters in Confluence work fine, but issue links from JIRA to Confluence are forbidden.
Any hint, how to configure these permissions?
The application link was referring to the wrong context, i.e. the real address behind the reverse proxy. After deleting the link and recreating it with the configured context it works correctly.
Hey, I think that probably the account that was done the application links between Confluence and JIRA, don't have such privilegies to see this specific issue from JIRA.
The currently logged in used in JIRA is also currently logged in in Confluence and can see the page there. So it's not an individual permission problem.
BTW: Do I need oAuth at all, if I have configured Trusted Application bidirectionally?
The documentation is wrong. It should not be:
If your (remote|local) application is Confluence, enter the following URL Patterns- /plugins/servlet/streams,/plugins/servlet/applinks/whoami
But:
If your (remote|local) application is Confluence, enter the following URL Patterns /plugins/servlet/streams /plugins/servlet/applinks/whoami /rpc/xmlrpc
this solved my problem when linking issues from Jira to Confluence:
- in Confluence pages, I was able to see the Jira issues
- in corresponding Jira issues (eg. created directly in the Confluence pages), I had the following message: "You do not have permission to view this page". Also, when I was trying to link the Jira issue to a confluence page manually, under the drop down button "select a space", "Loading" was written without anything else, and all search results were empty.
"You do not have permission to view this page"
So many thank! Adding the
/rpc/xmlrpc
solved all this.
However, still, in Sprint reports, when I click on "Linked page", I have the message
"No Confluence server is configured. Please check your Application Links configuration"
Any clue ?
Any
clue ?
I am using trusted authentication on both sides, I removed the OAuth. Using Jira 6.1.7 and Confluence 5.4.2, behind an NGinx proxy using SSL.
Consider removing the URL Patterns completely. If you can life with the security implications, you will probably have a few problems less.
Does not work. Any other clue?
Hi Nabil. I have the exact same problem. But I did not understand your solution below. Can you elaborate. "After deleting the link and recreating it with the configured context it works correctly."
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.