Stash Branch Permissions documentation:
"if there are conflicting permissions, the most permissive one applies; "
Our Stash repository is hooked up into LDAP, for access permissions.
My scenario is specific, and I can't find a way to configure it properly, to get the permissions I want.
What I want:
- I am project admin, and only I should be able to push / merge to the "master" branch.
- Anyone can create a remote branch, so that they can create a pull request.
- Pull request should use branch permissions (only I can merge to master).
Configuration Scenario 1:
Project:
I have "Contributor"
LDAP Group --> all users have "Observer"
result: no matter what I do to branch permissions, no one can commit anywhere.
Configuration Scenario 2:
Project:
LDAP Group --> all users have "Contributor".
Branch:
master: only me
(*): all users.
result: Anyone can commit.
Anyone can create a remote branch, issue a pull request, and merge that pull request into master. (FAIL).
Test case (that doesn't work) that I expect to work with Scenario 2:
1. Any user can create a remote branch.
2. No one can commit to master (except me)
3. no one can merge a branch into master (except me)
4. anyone can create a pull request to submit their code into master.
Can someone please explain if this is possible? If this is not possible I consider this a bug. We expected this behaviour to exist when we purchased Stash - hopefully I'm just missing something.