Hi everyone 👋
I’d like to share my journey of preparing for and successfully clearing the ACP-120 (Jira Administration for Cloud) certification.
For me, it wasn’t just about passing the exam — it was about truly understanding the concepts and being able to apply them in real-world scenarios. And yes, I did get a bit of help from AI along the way 🙂
📘 1. Where It All Started
I began my preparation with the official Atlassian University syllabus, which became my roadmap throughout the journey.
👉 Link: ACP-120 syllabus link
This helped me clearly understand:
- What topics I needed to cover
- How to structure my preparation
- Where to focus more
It gave me a solid starting point and direction.
📝 2. My Preparation Strategy
Instead of studying randomly, I followed a topic-by-topic approach.
- I completed one topic at a time
- Ensured I understood it well before moving forward
- Focused on clarity rather than speed
Overall, my preparation took around 3 months.
While it may seem like a long time, this approach helped me build strong conceptual clarity across all areas.
🤖 3. Using AI as My Study Partner
One of the most effective parts of my preparation was using AI tools like ChatGPT.
After completing each topic, I used AI to generate:
- Scenario-based questions
- Multiple-choice questions (MCQs)
- Topic-wise revision questions
I trained it to follow a format similar to the ACP-120 exam pattern, which made the practice highly relevant.
This allowed me to:
- Test my understanding immediately
- Practice in an exam-like format
- Identify gaps in knowledge
💡 4. What Made This Approach Effective
One key realization during my preparation was:
Practice exams are not just for testing knowledge — they help you understand how to think.
By practicing scenario-based questions after each topic, I was able to:
- Improve my analytical thinking
- Understand how questions are framed
- Approach problems more effectively
This made a significant difference during the actual exam.
🎥 5. Additional Preparation Using YouTube
After completing all topics, I explored YouTube for:
- Sample ACP-120 questions
- Certification experiences
- Concept explanations
This helped me:
- See different question patterns
- Reinforce my understanding
- Gain additional insights
✅ 6. A Key Insight About ACP Exams
One important thing to remember:
ACP exams are scenario-based, not memory-based.
It’s not enough to memorize answers. You need to:
- Understand the concept
- Visualize the scenario
- Choose the best possible solution
A simple way to think about it:
Concept → Scenario → Decision
🏆 7. Final Outcome
By following this structured approach, I was able to successfully clear the ACP-120 certification.
More importantly, this journey helped me gain:
- Strong product knowledge
- Increased confidence
- Practical understanding of Jira Cloud administration
🙌 Final Thoughts
If you’re preparing for ACP-120, here are a few suggestions:
- Start with the official syllabus
- Follow a structured, topic-wise approach
- Practice consistently after each topic
- Use AI tools effectively for mock questions
- Explore additional resources like YouTube
- Focus on understanding, not memorization
Closing Note
This journey takes time, but it is absolutely worth it — not just for the exam, but for your overall growth. And currently I am going for ACP-520,
If you’re currently preparing, I’d be happy to hear your approach or help if needed.
Good luck! 🚀