Is it possible to create a Dashboard that has a couple of drop downs linked to specific fields in issues and maybe a check box at the top with a search button?
So the user would be able
1. multiselect Components (like when creating a new ticket) from a dropdown
2. multiselect Labels including an option to leave blank (meaning label not included in filter)
3. select (or use checkbox) for All issues or only NOT Closed issues.
then click a search button. Then using the options I can build a dynamic JSQL statement to pull back the data they have requested.
I am fairly new to setting up dashboards in query, but use the advanced search option all the time. I know we can tell users to go to the issue search, but there is no way (that I have found) to say exclude the closed documents without going to advanced search and that will confuse most people.
I was looking at trying to add a dropdown to my dashboard but i cannot find the gadget in the list, and I have no idea how I would incorporate that.