I'm looking for suggestions/techniques for correcting this.
I have two projects that use the same screens, the same screen schemes, the same workflows, the same issue type screen schemes. I suspect someone has been jacking around with the screens and possibly corrupted something. They look fine in the screen editor, but when we create a new ticket on a newly created project, it is displaying only one or two fields (one of which is the comments field that shouldn't even be there I think and missing three fields above the link field). The existing project looks fine, displaying fields as it always has.
I've seen similar things to this before usually involving custom fields that are misconfigured (licensing, or some other thing that causes the field to be broken) but I don't think that applies in this case. I've tried moving fields around and nothing changed.
Here is the screen that shows up incorrectly see that business description(story), background and Justification fields are missing from above Attachment. (on the Configure Fields drop down there are no fields being hidden (display all).).

Here is the same screen on a project that is displaying correctly.

Here's the new project configuration for the two projects that are shown side by side :

So based on the configuration being the same for these elements shouldn't the same fields display on similar types of issue types for the same action type (edit, create, etc.)