Hi
I'm writing a JIRA integration in my client application. My application is able to list and show Jira issues, and we also have setup a custom field to include custom info in the issues.
Now, I want to include some custom information in the custom field. That information is an URL, but the URL must be defined by the JIRA administrator. So, I need the following:
1) I need the JIRA administrator to configure a "variable" in JIRA server. For example: http://myurl/view/$id$
2) Then, I need the client to read that URL value, then replace the variable fields with a valid id, and will write it in the custom field. For example, if we're processing the item 54, the URL that will be posted to the custom field will be http://myurl/view/54
My questions are:
1) Where should the administrator store the URL?. I tried the application properties, in the jira-config.properties file but the problem is that I need a WebSudo to get the properties. An starndard client normally uses a non-admin account
2) What API call should the client use to retrieve this configuration value?
Thanks in advance