Hi,
I am looking to replace a value in a multi-select field without impacting the other values selected as well. I have a form called 'projects' with two fields:
- 'reference' = simple 'text' type, with unique values
- 'user' = 'multi-select user' type
Example records for 'projects':
| 0001 | User1, User2 |
| 0002 | User2 |
I have another form called 'updates' with two fields:
- 'find' = single user type
- 'replace' = single user type
I have set up an IFTTT for 'Update Confiform entries by filter', where it sets user=[entry.replace] based on a filter user:[entry.find]. The problem is that it replaces the whole value of the field, not just the user I am searching for. So if I submit a record in 'updates' as find=User2, replace=User3, the results would end up in 'projects' as:
instead of:
| 0001 | User1, User3 |
| 0002 | User3 |
Is there a way to only replace the multi-select value I am searching for? Would that work for both multi-select user and standard multi-select field types?
An extension of this question is, how can I add an additional value of an existing multi-select field without deleting the ones already there via an IFTTT instead of replacing one? I'd like to extend 'updates' by adding 'add' as a field and use that to add another value for the user field in 'projects'. So for example submitting add=User4 where reference:0002, then I end up:
| 0001 | User1, User3 |
| 0002 | User3, User4 |
Thank you in advance!
Peter