We recently upgraded from Confluence 3.5.9 to 4.3.3.
Since then, some users reported some unexpected differences between the two versions with regards to timeout times. In 3.5.9, users were punted back to the login screen after a period of inactivity (I'm not sure what, but I'm thinking somewhere in the order of hours). As of 4.3.3, users are not getting automatically logged out.
In my mind, this is a great convenience feature as users are not forced to log in multiple times throughout the day, but conversely, some users are concerned about security (eg. If they forget to manually logout, could someone else sit down at their machine and hijack their session).
All I'm really looking to find out is what, if anything, changed between these versions that could trigger something different with regards to timeout times. I see that the JSESSIONID cookie expires At end of session, did this used to be something different like 1 hour after creation perhaps?
I checked my web.xml file and have the following config there (which I believe is an Atlassian default):
<session-config>
<session-timeout>60</session-timeout>
</session-config>
I'm not sure if that is applicable to this situation or not.