I am running Jira 4.3.4.
Initially, we setup all our users to use the "JIRA Internal Directory".
We are now deciding that we would like to delegate authentication to our LDAP server. After creating a new User Directory "Delegated LDAP Authentication", I see that when creating a new user I can select this as the user's directory, instead of "Jira Internal Directory". After this, these new users attempting to authenticate go via LDAP, as expected.
But I'm wondering about the pre-existing users I had prior to configuring the Delegated LDAP. These users continue to show "Jira Internal Directory" for their configured directory and there doesn't appear to be a way to modify this.
Eventhough I've moved the Delegated LDAP Directory to the top of the list in the User Directories, my pre-existing users with "Jira Internal Directory" can still authenticate using their JIRA passwords eventhough the users do exist in my LDAP server.
Is there a way to configure these pre-existing users to now authenticate through my LDAP Server instead of the Jira internal directory?