Hello!
I have two projects. When an issue is created in Project A, a linked issue is automatically created in Project B. I need to copy field values from the first issue to the second.
Problem: All standard fields copy correctly, but the Assets field does not transfer.
Details:
- The Assets field has the same ID (
customfield_13602) in both projects. - The field is added to the Create and Edit screens in both projects.
- Both fields reference the same Assets schema and object type.
What I've tried:
- Standard copy via Automation UI (doesn't work for Assets fields).
- Editing the issue after creation using JSON:
{
"fields": {
"customfield_13602": {
"key": "{{triggerIssue.customfield_13602.objectKey}}"
}
}
}- Setting the field directly during "Create Issue" action.
- Using "Lookup Objects" action to find the object before writing.
- Attempting to use AQL queries — but discovered that it's impossible to use AQL in automation for Assets fields, as mentioned in Atlassian documentation
Nothing works. The field remains empty, and there are no errors in the audit log.
Question: How do I correctly pass an Assets field value from one issue to another via Automation?