Hi,
I am working on setting up a request form. It has way too many fields and is getting really long. Is there a way to setup tabs on a form and to only show some fields to users when a specific tab is selected?Is there a better solution?
Thank You!Dina
Hi Dina,
good question, unfortunately the SD concept is to be simpler than standard JIRA and that's why the tabs are not supported. Even if you put tabs on the create issue screen they won't affect the request form.
Do you really need all that fields?
The only possible solution that I can think of is the use Dynamic Forms by Intenso and not show all fields in a static way but show only those which are applicable for previous user choices.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.intenso.jira.plugins.jsd-extender/server/overview
I hope this helps. Please write back.
Cheers,
Peter T
Dina,
Have you tried the Groups feature? When setting up Request Types you can assign them to groups which appear as vertical "tabs" on the customer portal. It does mean breaking up one request type with tons of fields into several request types with fewer fields.
This section in the Service Desk Cloud docs explains further: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/configuring-request-types-and-workflows-732528910.html#Configuringrequesttypesandworkflows-Organizingrequesttypesintogroups
Hope that helps!
-dave
Hi Dave,
I think what you are describing is a front page of a customer portal.
And what I am describing is a request form for a request type. These request forms have so many fields that they become really lengthy. So what I am looking for is a possibility to shorten the length of the form by putting some fields behind the tabs.
Another thought is this: each field has it's own row even the 'Yes/No' radiobuttons which are displayed below each other. Is there a way to change it's layout to display them next to each other in one row to save the space?
Any ideas are appreciated!
Thanks,
Dina
Thank you, Peter. You came to the same conclusion. I will possibly be utilizing the Dynamic Forms, although it is not ideal for us.
In terms of saving space on the request form and shortening it, it would really help to have the choices for radio buttons to be displayed on the same row, rather than underkneith each other.
Perhaps, you know how and could lead me the right direction?
Appreciate your help,
its all good. Regarding the horizontal checkboxes - this is the infamous horizontal layout that not just you but others people want. JIRA does not support it and all the solutions that I know are heavy javascript and css hacks that sooner or later cause a lot of issues so I will spare you that experience and say sorry but there isn't a way.
Not a positive answer but realistic.
Cheers,Peter T
Vote for the tab feature here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-1320
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.