I am trying to find a way of managing the discovery track in Jira.I need a solution for tracking BA workload in the sprint before the stories are played to make sure elaboration is on track and to sum up time spent on the whole story to include elaboration and development.
I'm thinking of creating a new issue type of 'Elaboration' which is played in the sprint before and linked to the development story that will implement it. I would then like the the time from the linked story to be included on the development story ticket so I have the whole cost of the story.
I thought about creating a story in the previous sprint with sub tasks of each elaboration task but then I would need to move them all individually to the relevant development story before I start the next sprint and it would also not allow me to burn them during the sprint. The elaboration story would have to last the whole sprint and not be burnt until the end.
Has anyone got any ideas of how best to set this up, or how they manage the discovery track in Jira?