while editing cascading field, Error is coming. the error is " Duplicate entries found - this is not permitted". could you please help me on this?
Hello Niyas,
This error messages seems odd, I've tried searching for it but I couldn't find anything useful on it. However, may I ask what JIRA version are you using?
At the mean time, can you try to perform Integrity Checking for your JIRA instance? Becasue from the error message it shows that you have duplicated enteries for the same field. After performing the integrity checking, fix any errors appearing.
If the problem still persists, try to perform indexing, as it may be causing the problem as well.
I hope that helps.
Hi Niyas, just in cas have you at any time populated the field directly on the database?
It looks like the values have been inserted to the database but the sequence_value_item haven't been updated (this has to be done manually).
Refer to this doc:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=193299577
There's a similar behaviour explained here:
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/159471/i-got-the-issue-while-adding-values-in-custom-field-in-jira-few-days-ago-i-insert-values-directly-in-to-the-db
HI Ala/Ramiro,
Thank you very much for your response to my query.
This has been resolved now. I have done Reindexing. cascading field is working fine.
Thanks,
Niyas
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.