I do not understand why there is no option to choose which field configurations I want a newly created custom field to show for. Per default it will show for every field configuration. That means every time I create a field that should only be visible to certain field configurations, I have to through every single field configuration and hide it.
To my understanding the only other way of limiting the custom field to certain projects is to not use the global context but then I can only choose single projects and not a scheme which does not make sense.
I frequently run into the case where I have to create a new custom field that is only available to a certain subset of projects. Therefore these projects use a certain 'Field Configuration Scheme'. My problem is that after I added the custom field, it automatically shows for all field configuration schemes thus for all projects. I have to manually go into every single 'Field Configuration' and hide the field so it does not show up for other projects. We have this exact problem in several JIRA systems in our company and each of them uses 20+ field configurations. This wastes a lot of time and I am wondering if I am doing something wrong or JIRA?