We currently have SharePoint 2013 on an extranet using Windows Authentication tied into Active Directory. We also have Confluence set up with Forms based authentication running on Tomcat synchronizing users from the same Active Directory repository.
The SharePoint system contains our main customer portal - newsletters, upcoming events, calendars, etc. and the Confluence site contains all of our user documentation. We want the customer to log into SharePoint and when they click the Documentation link to go to Confluence we want them to be automatically logged into Confluence.
I am evaluating the SharePoint Connector for Confluence and am having issues getting automatic login (sso) working.
From what I've read I need to have the browser "trust" both our SharePoint and Confluence site AND I need to make sure the browser supports "automatic login". Is there any way around this?
As an alternative, is there a way to configure confluence to allow anyone access who is accessing it from our SharePoint site?
I also set up a page in SharePoint to connect to the Wiki via Confluence page\space web part but there are several issues with this (missing images, poor formatting, etc.)
Just wondering if anyone has done something like this or has any ideas? My suggestion to drop down to one system wasn't accepted...
Thanks!