Hi Dears,I want to get the upcoming week's first day in my summary via Jira automation, but I couldn't find the smart value for that.For example.Today is 2026-02-16, and I want to get the date 2026-02-23.Thanks in advance.
Dears, I get this one, which retrieves my needed date.It was impossible to set it in the summary, as it exceeded the 256-symbol limit, but I did it via a custom field, then copied it to the summary.{{#if(now.format("e").equals("1"))}}{{now.plusDays(1).format("yyyy-MM-dd")}}{{/}}{{#if(now.format("e").equals("2"))}}{{now.plusDays(7).format("yyyy-MM-dd")}}{{/}}{{#if(now.format("e").equals("3"))}}{{now.plusDays(6).format("yyyy-MM-dd")}}{{/}}{{#if(now.format("e").equals("4"))}}{{now.plusDays(5).format("yyyy-MM-dd")}}{{/}}{{#if(now.format("e").equals("5"))}}{{now.plusDays(4).format("yyyy-MM-dd")}}{{/}}{{#if(now.format("e").equals("6"))}}{{now.plusDays(3).format("yyyy-MM-dd")}}{{/}}{{#if(now.format("e").equals("7"))}}{{now.plusDays(2).format("yyyy-MM-dd")}}{{/}}
To get the first day of the upcoming week (assuming Monday is your start of week), use this smart value:
{{now.plusWeeks(1).toMonday}}
If you want the date formatted exactly like your example (2026-02-23), you should add the formatting string:
2026-02-23
{{now.plusWeeks(1).toMonday.format("yyyy-MM-dd")}}
Hi @Aron Gombas _Midori_Tried this one, but it returned an empty value.I tested it in the log action before the summary change.
@Gor Greyan please upload an example of what you are trying to do. Is this an automation rule you are working on? What or where does the Summary you are trying to update located?
Hi @Gor Greyan
Please see these supported date / time function for Jira Data Center rules to find what you need. You will need to chain together functions and then add the formatting you want in the Summary.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation/jira-smart-values-date-and-time-993924864.html
Kind regards,Bill
Hi @Aron Gombas _Midori_
I do not believe there is a toMonday function. Where did you find that one in the docs?
Thanks and kind regards,Bill
Hah, I like your solution with the smart values.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.