Hi, I'm using the official documentation for Manage two-step verification for your Atlassian account, and I'm using the enabled -Datlassian.authentication.2sv.enforcement.enabled=true in my instance, restarted the system, logged in, and navigated to the Profile tab, but I still don't have the Two-step verification option. How can I fix this? I'm using the version 10.3.10
Good evening, how are you? Regarding Jira Data Center 10.3.10, this two-step verification is managed by the SSO for Data Center / atlassian-authentication-plugin app.
A few things to check:
Confirm if the app is enabledGo to Administration > Manage appsLook for "SSO for Datacenter" by AtlassianIf it doesn't appear or is disabled, install/enable the app.(Related: https://support.atlassian.com/jira/kb/authentication-methods-option-not-visible-under-security/)
Confirm the startup parameterIn setenv.sh/setenv.bat, verify that it is exactly like this (all together):-Datlassian.authentication.2sv.enforcement.enabled=true
Restart Jira after making the change.
Log out and log back inLog out completely and log in again, then go to Profile and check if the 2SV option appears.
If it still doesn't appear, the next step is to open a ticket with Atlassian support, attaching the startup logs so they can verify the authentication plugin loading.
You can open a ticket with Atlassian support here:
Official support portal: https://support.atlassian.com/contact
Hi @Alexandr
Is this only for your own user?
Then follow the steps up to the "Enforcement" part, as that option, that you added in you startup is for enforcement of 2FA and will only work for users with admin permissions not all users.
But you can only use this from version 11.2 onwards.
@Marc -Devoteam- Hi, yeah, I want to set up 2FA only for accounts with Admin access; for all other users, we don't need to enable 2FA. Also, the docs say this feature is available up to version 11.2, so that's exactly what I need.
@Jorge Cammarota
Hi, thanks, I'm doing well, how are you?
So just to be clear, will the method described in the docs work for my version 10.3.10?
So you will need to upgrade your Jira version to at least version 11.2.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/upgrading-jira-applications-938846936.html
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.