Can the same workflow transition have multiple originiating steps? Much in the same way global transitions do, but with a select list of origniating steps.
How can I apply this with Jira 6.0.7?
Along with global transitions - as mentioned Jamie, there are also common transitions, available from Workflow designer - when you are making trnasition to step where already some transition ends, you can choose this as *common* transition. But it basically doesn't differ from global transition (just you are hardwiring the source steps).
Could you detail a little more what you are trying to achieve?
I have a workflow with 6 statuses. Here's an example of what I'm trying to achieve:
So can I do no 5) with Jira?
Unless no 5) is possible, you'd need in this case to create a number of transitions for each of permutations possible, B->F, C->F, D->F and so on, woulnd't you. Because if you do it's a nightmare to administer. With 6 statuses there are in total 36 permuations of transitions!
Personally I create a global transition then use a condition to bar it from one or more of the originating statuses. There are already conditions you can use for this, for instance there is a built-in script condition in script runner for this.
I didn't say, but this is under the Agile workflow, where there are no conditions on moving the status across. The main problem with having the global transition and the specific transition is that the user is given the choice when dragging in Agile boards to which of the two transitions to use.
Yeah, this is a better answer than mine. And adding common actions is the only reason I ever go into the workflow designer...
Perfect. Thank you Jozef, that was exactly the answer my question. I didn't know about the common transition scheme in the designer.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.