Hello all,
I have recently ventured into the automation rules to automate some data entry for fields in my work items, I thought I would share my success story, 🎉We have a single intake point and many teams and each have Stakeholders and a Team Lead. The first automation rule I wrote sent an email to the team lead whenever a new work item is added to his/her team. The teams were getting blindsided by these items in some cases because the lead was not always set as an assignee and no notice was sent otherwise. I added a rule for each team. These could likely be combined into one more complex rule but for the sake of myself and others I kept it simple. I also set up a rule to email Stakeholders and set that field which I did combine into a single rule. It was a simple If/Then/Else ladder. I also verified a few other fields to reduce duplication and account for work moved across teams. So, I am growing in my ability.   I started here and found my way to other topics such as Smart Fields and Branching Logic, https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/create-and-edit-jira-automation-rules/Â
Hi @Christopher HolmesÂ
Repeating my earlier question when you posted this content as a question:
...where did you create the rule in the image you show? Is this an actual rule in Jira? The image appears to show a trigger with Field Value Changed for a work item field, with the Team and Created fields selected. But, the Created field cannot be selected for that trigger. There is a separate trigger for Work Item Created as it has a different issue event. (And that other trigger has known problems which would impact the other rule steps you show.) Do you perhaps instead have a field named Team, Created? If so, that will likely cause rule maintenance and confusion problems later due to the comma in the field.
...where did you create the rule in the image you show? Is this an actual rule in Jira?
The image appears to show a trigger with Field Value Changed for a work item field, with the Team and Created fields selected.
But, the Created field cannot be selected for that trigger. There is a separate trigger for Work Item Created as it has a different issue event. (And that other trigger has known problems which would impact the other rule steps you show.)
Do you perhaps instead have a field named Team, Created? If so, that will likely cause rule maintenance and confusion problems later due to the comma in the field.
Â
Kind regards,Bill
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.