I have a JIRA and a Confluence server behind an IIS ARR acting as a reverse proxy with SSL.
JIRA is accessible via https://projects.domain.comand Confluence is accessible via https://documents.domain.com.
When trying to integrate the JIRA and Confluence servers together, I have been having alot of issues - they are basically unable to see eachother.
If I revert the base URLs back to the local domain names, the Application Links work perfectly. However, when I change the links back, they stop working.
When I try to create a new issue in Confluence, I get either a 404 or 504 error. If I try to recreate the link with the actual external URL, it cannot see that the server exists.
What am I missing here?
Currently, my server.xml on my JIRA is as follows:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">
<Listener SSLEngine="on" className="org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener"/>
<Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.JasperListener"/>
<Listener className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener"/>
<Service name="Catalina">
<Engine defaultHost="localhost" name="Catalina">
<Host appBase="webapps" autoDeploy="true" name="localhost" unpackWARs="true">
<Context docBase="${catalina.home}/atlassian-jira" path="" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">
<Resource auth="Container" factory="org.objectweb.jotm.UserTransactionFactory" jotm.timeout="60" name="UserTransaction" type="javax.transaction.UserTransaction"/>
<Manager pathname=""/>
</Context>
</Host>
<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve" pattern="%a %{jira.request.id}r %{jira.request.username}r %t &quot;%m %U%q %H&quot; %s %b %D &quot;%{Referer}i&quot; &quot;%{User-Agent}i&quot; &quot;%{jira.request.assession.id}r&quot;" resolveHosts="false"/>
</Engine>
<Connector
protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol"
acceptCount="100"
disableUploadTimeout="true"
enableLookups="false"
maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75"
port="443"
SSLEnabled="true"
sslProtocol="TLS"
scheme="https"
secure="true"
clientAuth="false"
useBodyEncodingForURI="true"
connectionTimeout="20000"
keyAlias="<key alias>"
keystoreFile="C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\jre\lib\security\cacerts" keystorePass="changeit"
keystoreType="JKS"
proxyName="projects.<domain>.com"
proxyPort="443"/>
</Service>
</Server>
The server.xml on my confluence is as follows:
<Server port="8000" shutdown="SHUTDOWN" debug="0">
<Service name="Tomcat-Standalone">
<Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0">
<Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="false">
<Context path="" docBase="../confluence" debug="0" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">
<Manager pathname="" />
</Context>
</Host>
</Engine>
<Connector
protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol"
acceptCount="100"
disableUploadTimeout="true"
enableLookups="false"
maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75"
port="443"
SSLEnabled="true"
sslProtocol="TLS"
scheme="https"
secure="true"
clientAuth="false"
URIEncoding="UTF-8"
connectionTimeout="20000"
keyAlias="le-0e9f6755-3182-4701-aa42-76478d411226"
keystoreFile="C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Confluence\jre\lib\security\cacerts"
keystorePass="changeit"
keystoreType="JKS"
proxyName="documents.<domain>.com"
proxyPort="443"/>
</Service>
</Server>