Hello,
I am attempting to create issues with different reporters and modify the reporter based on external factors. When attempting to create an issue, this is what the payload looks like:
{
"fields": {
"project": { "key": "Project Name" },
"summary": "Test",
"description": "This is a test",
"issuetype": { "name": "Task" },
"customfield_10000": "<epic-link>",
"reporter": { "name": "Not.Me" },
"fixVersions": [{ "id": "12345" }]
}
}
This returns: "reporter": "Field 'reporter' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."
I am an admin on the project I am attempting to modify the reporter for and admins have the "Modify Reporter" permission. I am accessing the API via a personal access token tied to my account.
I have confirmed that at least the names tested are recognized by JIRA to be the users "name" and that they are accessible via the gui. I have been able to successfully modify the reporter via a bulk edit but this appears to be the only way to edit these via the gui currently.