JIRA v4.4. Can I change the first step in creating new issue 'The Choose the project and issue type'. I want to add the third field, for example 'project category'.
I am not aware of any feature like that, although it would be useful. You would have to write a plugin that offers an enhanced dialog (module type web item and AUI inline dialog) and disable the default button.
https://developer.atlassian.com/display/AUI/Inline+Dialog
Perhaps I don't understand what you are trying to do, but project category cannot be changed/set on create issue. It is an attribute of the project. Did you want to subset the project list that shows based on a project category selection?
Very good point - the project category is just a project level data item. It's logically irrelevant to issue creation, because an issue belongs to whatever category it's project is in.
Bob's suggestion is the only use I can think of - to allow the users to narrow down the possible projects by category.
IMHO this could be done entirely in javascript, so the OP could just write a speakeasy plugin.
Thank you for your answers. I'll try to explain my question.
I have 30 projects, 10 projects about food, 10 projects about sports, 10 projects about cars. I want to share their on topics "Food", "Sports", "Cars". I want the field "Topics" was at the first step of the creating issue.For example,1 Press "Create issue"2 In fild "Topics" select the value "Food", "Sports" or "Cars"3 In fild "Project" select project. In fild "Project" should be available to only those projects that are relevant to the topic4 In fild "Issue type" select type. In fild "Issue type" should be available to only those type that are relevant to the project
Yep, in jira topic is called "Project Category".
Scratch my last comment, there seems to be no method to get projects and their categories, or vice versa, using any of the remote APIs, either public or private. Bit of an oversight.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.