Hi. Im currently using the java the jira-rest-java-client-app dependency in my java spring boot application to automate creating jira issues/tickets, etc.. Ive been successfully using this for a year but not all of a sudden (new builds) are no longer working. Im able to build and deploy my application but when the code to call jira gets invoked, i get the following error.
2026-01-28 22:17:21,698 ERROR org.apache.juli.logging.DirectJDKLog - Servlet.service() for servlet [dispatcherServlet] in context with path [] threw exception [Handler dispatch failed: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/atlassian/sal/api/executor/ThreadLocalContextManager] with root cause
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.atlassian.sal.api.executor.ThreadLocalContextManager
I use gradle and kotin. I have the following dependency in my build.gradle.kts.
implementation("com.atlassian.jira:jira-rest-java-client-app:5.2.0")
I have made no recent changes to the dependencies so im not sure how all of a sudden this just started happening when it use to work. The only thing i can think is the this dependency and version was overriden with new source code by atlassian or possible a dependency this library uses was changed.
I have tried directly adding multiple versions of the sal-api dependency. I have tried downgrading and upgrading the version of jira-rest-java-client-app. Nothing seems to fix the issue.
The stack trace points to this line of code
return new AsynchronousJiraRestClientFactory().createWithBasicHttpAuthentication(uri.build(),
username, password);