We don't want to allow users to sign up to the group "confluence user". Those who use the self sign up function should become members of a group with more restricted rights. How can this be done?
I think for server, it is not possible to change the default group for new users to anything other than the 'confluence-users' group.
I could only find this related question/answer, which I don't think helps much, here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/36116638
Is there any reason why you can't do something like the following steps?:
Sam
What version of Confluence do you have? Cloud or Server?
Hi Jean Bausch,
My guess its not possible to restricte confluence user group. its a default group when sign up to confluence users add into confluence user group. if you don't want user in confluence user group then move other group.
OR
User sign up options don't Allow people to sign up to create their account
Thank you,
We are using the server version V6.0.2.
Thank you Sam,
this is exactly the workaround we thought of.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.