I am a SM for an organization with multiple initiatives. I am new to JIRA and trying to figure out the best way to organize things. I was thinking about creating one project for the organization, and the creating individual boards for each initiative. When I organize things this way, all of the stories and epics assigned to the project show up on all of the boards. I figured that I could put a filter on each board to show only the stories that pertain to that initiative. But when I think about doing it that way, it comes to mind that I could do the same thing with one board using a different filter for each initiative. First question - is there a way to assign issues to an individual board without having to use a filter to show the relevant work? Second question - which way makes the most sense to keep things organized (one board or multiple boards). Third question - what is the best way to filter to show all of the issues (epics and stories) for a given initiative (what should I filter on)?
Hope that all makes sense 
Thanks
Chris