Hello,
I've installed JIRA and everything was smooth. enabled automatic start and hence the install of the JIRA startup script in /etc/init.d
But it seems when it runs it fails. when I manually start JIRA using catalina.sh it works fine - JIRA starts up and I can access the web console.
I tried to manually execute start/stop (service JIRA stop, service JIRA start) and I get below error.
=========================
root@vindika-lubantu:~# service jira start
To run JIRA in the foreground, start the server with start-jira.sh -fg
executing using dedicated user: jira
./catalina.sh: 1: cd: can't cd to ./..
Cannot find /opt/atlassian/jira/bin/bin/setclasspath.sh
This file is needed to run this program
root@vindika-lubantu:~#
=========================
Now here I'm not sure why catalina.sh is looking for this 'bin/bin' path. maybe CATALINA_BASE is not set properly. I'm a bit loss here as I'm new to JIRA. Can someone please help?
PS: I'm running JIRA on a VM and I also have Confluence installed in the same VM.