I'm trying to create a Jira issue when a step fails in a Bitbucket pipeline. I use the "Jira Create Issue" pipe version 0.8.1. For the $JIRA_API_TOKEN, I generated an API token from https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/security/api-tokens for Jira with scope "write:jira-work". And used it in the step. But "Jira Create Issue" step is failing with the following error.
✖ Failed to initialize a Jira client for https://<company>.atlassian.netERROR: You are not authenticated. Authentication required to perform this operation.
Any idea how I can fix this?
Hi Nuwan Naththandige,
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
Have you also defined the "JIRA_USER" variable? The pipe doesn't just need the token; it needs to know who the token belongs to. Also, the JIRA_API_TOKEN should be marked as Secured. If it is not secured, the pipe won't be able to "see" it during the runtime.
JIRA_API_TOKEN
Can you "curl" it? Have you been running this locally in your terminal to see if the token works outside of Bitbucket and returns a 200 OK?
curl -D- -u your-email@company.com:YOUR_TOKEN_HERE -X GET -H "Content-Type: application/json" https://<company>.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/myself
Cheers,Martin
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.