we have Story and enchament issue types under the same project. when i want to link one to other. how could i diffrentiate the other issue type as the Issue key will start with the same code.
When you link the Issue a screen appears where you select the Issue you want to link to.
There are displayed(in this order) issuetype (as icon), issuekey, issue summary
so you can distinguish the issuetypes by their Icon (if they don't have the same)
I'm curious - why do you need to differentiate between them in order to create a link between them?
That might help explain why I ask the second question - where do you need to use this information? Are you coding for something? Front end javascript? Back end Java in a plugin? Something else?
I am able to see the icons and key while click on more actions link and select the issue key. so after adding the link. under "Issue Links" the Icon is not visiable.
I can see the icons under Issue Links ...
I don't understand that. Could you give us a screenshot of what you are seeing?
you can see the dropdown is showing up the icon . but not when it added under Issue Links
I've found it. You're using an old version of Jira that doesn't have the columns there. I was looking at 5.2
Bhanu: Time to ugprade
we are going to upgrade now.
we have upgraded to 5.2.7. now i able to see what i want to. thanks for all your anwers.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.