Hi,
Is it possible to create bug VIA E-Mail?
If Yes then can anyone guide me on this Please
Thanks in advance
You may like to go through this link - Creating Issues and Comments from Email .
Hope you find it useful!
Thanks a lot Naren. It hepled
One more question.
Is the priority and Resolution is userdefiniable when the issue is created VIA E-Mail?
Priority can be defined to some extend. here's the text i retreived from Jira documentation.
If the incoming email is set to a high priority, the corresponding issue will be created with a higher priority than the default priority that is set in your JIRA system.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA043/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email
Regarding resolutions, why would you need to get it set via emails. I would expect the resolvers to have access to jira and manually resolve an issue rather than use emails to resolve an issue.
Also have a look at the plugin Jira enterprise mail handler which you might find useful
https://javahollic.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JEMH/1+-+What+is+JEMH
Rahul
Thanks Rahul. I'm new for Jira.
For Incoming mails. I'm not able to configure POP3. I'm getting on error when i'm trying to configure "incoming mail handler". So can anyone guide me on this please?
If I configure with IMAP the, all the mails is being fetched from the server without leaving a copy of it.
What is the error you are getting while configuring Pop3.
Can you confirm you tried to follow the process in the url step by step.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email
S Rahul. I followed the same steps. But i failed.
In above pic u can see test failed.
Glad it helped, Nicky!
JIRA Enterprise Mail Handler allows you to define common JIRA fields along with the addtional fields such as custom fields.
Refer below links -
Setting Addiotnal Fields for Issues Created From Email
JEMH Tutorial
You can tick the above answers as correct, if it helped you
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.