I configured two Jira instances using applications links and this works just fine with one remark:
People that do not have an account on the other instance to see the "Failed to load" message near the linked bug.
I do understand and agree that they should not be able to see more information about the remote bug, BUT "Failed to load" seems like a server configuration problem and not an "Access denied" message.
How can we replace the message with something more meaningfull? like:
- Information unavailable
- Permission denied
- Access denied
I will file a bug report if people do agree with me.
Note: I didn't want to use the OAuth method because this seems to be too slow, and requires peopel to click on the Authenticate link each time (or quite often) in order to access the remote bug information. While using trusted applications links this is not needed.