We upgrade to Jira 5 (v5.0#713-sha1:aec58e2) and the Assignee column is no longer a dropdown -- it's an open text field. Do I have to create a custom field or is this a bug?
That rings a bell. Do you have 'Browse Users' global permission?
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Global+Permissions
It is a mixture of both. You can click on the drop down arrow in the extreme right of the text box and you can see it as a drop down. Alternatively, you can start typing the user's name and it will show you the suggestions.
Is that not working for you?
No, that's not what I'm seeing. I just have a text field. Rather strange.
Which browser? Can you add a screenshot?
FF 10, but I tried in IE 9 as well and I'm getting the same problem.
I've the same problem, I guess it's a real issue.
It maybe has something to do with permission. When I'm logged as an administrator, the screen look like expected and the combobox appears.
Brilliant!
Thanks a lot Jobin, that worked for me!
This was my issue as well.
Jobin is exactly correct,
In JIRA 5, the 'Browse Users' global permission is now required on users to show the list of available assignees in an issue. In previous versions of JIRA, there was less security on this drop down and any member of a project with the 'Assign Issues' project permission could see a full list of the users with the 'Assignable Users' project permission.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.