Hi,
I am trying to clean up our JIRA projects and field mappings.
Right now we have fields that not required in every project showing up in every project.
On a per project basis, I want to look at how many fields are actually set in tickets.
If I want to only look at custom fields created by an admin (i.e. Ignore all system fields, and custom fields created by plugins) - is looking at the schema attribute in the /rest/api/2/field the right place?
Right now, I see that schema differentiates a system field from a custom field by using the 'system' and 'custom' key. So I can use this to ignore all fields that are marked as system.
I also see what seems to be a package name as the value of the custom key. So any field that isn't in the com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes package is probably created by and required by a plugin - so I will ignore those also.
Is this a safe bet? Of course, I will be careful when looking at the results - in case some plugin uses the com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes package...
Is there a better way to find the info I am looking for?