To give context, I need to access a client's Jira Assets REST API for analytics on their CMDB data, and this must be done through platforms like Postman, not through scripting. I do not have any accounts set up on our side, so we need to guide them accordingly and give them all the steps they need to provision us with only read access.
I have identified the API endpoints that I would require to give be the required info, namely:
1. POST /object/aql : wherein I will ask the client to share the relevant Object Schema IDs that contain the assets data they want to share with us, and filter it in the query parameter. Using the object ids from this, i will iterate through the below API.
- According to the docs : Forge and OAuth2 apps cannot access this REST resource.
2. GET /object/{id}/attributes : To get all the object and relevant attributes
- OAuth 2.0 scopes required for this endpoint
- Also requires workspace id and cloud id to pass in the query
In order access these APIs, I have been seeing very confusing documents where some say authentication is through Basic Auth, and some saying OAuth.
For example,
When we click on the above link, the workflow shows :
- Use basic auth to authenticate.
- Use the workspace call to discover your
workspaceID - Use the REST API with your
workspaceID to make your REST API calls.
But the individual APIs say it requires certain scopes to be provisioned
Should i follow this documentation and request them to make a sure complete the following: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/software/oauth-2-3lo-apps/
If I do, how will i be able to access the AQL API?
Would really appreciate any help, Thanks!