Hello Trello Community,
I’m encountering a serious and puzzling security/permission issue and would appreciate any insights.
The Situation:
I was the creator/admin of a Workspace.
A former employee, who was only a member of 1-2 specific boards within that workspace, has somehow gained full ownership/admin rights of the entire Workspace.
This person has removed me from the Workspace entirely, and I’ve lost access to all boards.
What I’ve Checked/Confirmed:
This person was not listed as a Workspace admin before the incident.
Their board access was limited. he should not have had the permission to modify Workspace settings or members.
Our Workspace is on a Free plan.
My Core Questions:
How could this happen? Under what scenarios can a regular board member escalate their privileges to become the Workspace owner?
Is there a recovery process? As the original creator, how can I regain control of my Workspace? I have access to the original email account used for creation.
Could this be a bug or exploit? Has this been reported before?
Any guidance on the steps to diagnose this issue or the official channel to report it for urgent assistance would be extremely helpful.
Thank you.