How can I control page breaks when creating a pdf?
Thanks
have a look to this page http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Editing+the+PDF+Stylesheet
works fine with Confluence version 3.5.x too.
We had the same problem with Confluence, and we wrote a user macro to solve this.
Just go to Confluence Admin->User Macros and add a new Macro.
Give it a name (e.g. pagebreak), make sure it's visible to all users and you have No Macro Body selected. Then put the following in the macro body:
## Macro name: pagebreak## Has body: NO## Generates: HTML markup<div id="pagebreak" style="page-break-before:always;"></div>
You can then insert the page break macro on your pages, wherever you want a page break in PDF.
Hope this helps.
Matt
Similar to the previous post - with the Content Formatting plugin installed, we simply use on the wiki page:
{div:class=pagebreak}{div}
In the PDF stylesheet (although I guess this could go in the global/space stylesheet?) we'd have:
div.pagebreak {
page-break-before: always;
}
You could also set the CSS to any element on the page... like h1 headings, which makes sense for reports.
The new confluence requires that a param be defined for it to be visible. Below code did the trick for us.
## Macro title: pagebreak
## Macro has a body: N
## Body processing: Selected body processing option
## Generates: HTML markup
## Output: Selected output option
##
## Developed by: YOUR NAME
## Date created: 19/09/2014
## Installed by: YOUR NAME
## @paramBreak:title=break|type=string|desc=default value|required=false|multiple=false|default=always
<div id="pagebreak" style="page-break-before:$paramBreak;"></div>
Hi, I tried your suggestion but it still gives me the below error: There are user macros without any metadata configured in their template. They have been highlighted below. For these macros to be available for use in content they require parameter information. See the Guide to User Macro Templates. Can you verify if our code is good: ## Macro title: pagebreak ## Macro has a body: N ## Body processing: Selected body processing option ## Generates: HTML markup ## Output: Selected output option ## ## Developed by: NEERAJ TIWARI ## Date created: 09/30/2014 ## Installed by: NEERAJ TIWARI ## @paramBreak:title=break|type=string|desc=default value|required=false|multiple=false|default=always <div id="pagebreak" style="page-break-before:$paramBreak;"></div>
This might not be perfect, but it was the only way I could do it with limited permissions.
Insert a page break: A line with Heading 1 style and a non-breaking space. Use the Insert / Symbol menu and pick the first empty area. You can't use normal space as it will get removed as well as the line when you save.
Configure Table of Contents: Exclude \u00A0 to filter out all headings containing non-breaking space.
\u00A0 to filter out all headings containing non-breaking space.
This link no longer exists in the Confluence documentation. Did they take this feature away?
My Confluence Admin doesn't even _have_ a "User Macros" section!
I don't get page breaks before H1s, so I guess this isn't going to work?
## Macro title: pagebreak ## Macro has a body: N ## Body processing: Selected body processing option ## Generates: HTML markup ## Output: Selected output option ## ## Developed by: YOUR NAME ## Date created: 19/09/2014 ## Installed by: YOUR NAME ## @param Break:title=break|type=string|desc=default value|required=false|multiple=false|default=always <div id="pagebreak" style="page-break-before:$paramBreak;"></div>
I added this snippet. What do I insert at the place where I want the page break to happen? Meaning how do I get the desired page break at the desired location after adding this code in the PDF stylesheet.
Does not work in V5.8.4
Found this in the KB
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-create-a-page-break-function-in-confluence-to-control-pagination-in-pdf-exports-735943076.html
Worked like a charm!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.