Hello!
I am setting up a self service portal in JIRA SM and I need some guidance configuring the impact and urgency field.
For end users, I want to hide Impact and Urgency values that can create a P1/P2 tickets.
Ex- Impact - Extensive, Urgency - Critical
I am following this priority matrix - Create an impact urgency priority matrix | Jira Service Management Cloud | Atlassian Support
These options can only be used by IT team, not by the end users.
Is there a way to hide them on the self service portal ?
Hello @charu
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
I don't know if there is a way to hide those values using the original fields.
A possible work around would be to create two custom fields with limited options and make those two custom fields available in the portal. Then use an Automation Rule to update the original fields (that have all the options) based on the values entered in the two new fields by the customer.
You can’t hide specific Impact or Urgency values directly in the default fields. A workaround is to create two custom fields with only the options you want end users to see. Then use an Automation Rule to map those selections to the original fields, which retain all options for your IT team. This way, customers can’t select P1/P2 values, but your internal processes still work correctly.
Hi @charu
Jira does not have the feature out-of-the-box to implement this. But, if you have a marketplace plugin like Adaptavist ScriptRunner, you can create the behavior to hide the options for certain users of the group and show only for users of IT team group.
Hope this helps.
Thanks,Vamsi
Adding to this...
@charu did not explicitly say if they are using JSM Cloud or JSM Data Center, but referenced a document for JSM Cloud.
Adaptavist ScriptRunner Behaviours is not support for JSM Cloud project yet.
https://docs.adaptavist.com/sr4jc/latest/features/behaviours/behaviours-supported-fields-and-products
Hi again Trudy,
I tried to create custom fields and removed values that would create a P1/P2 ticket but my other fields values for Impact and Urgency got removed from the work item page as well and the automation didnt work too.
Thanks,
Charu
Hi Rock,
I tried to create custom fields and removed values that would create a P1/P2 ticket but my other fields values for Impact and Urgency got removed from the work item page as well and the automation didn't work too.
Hi Vamsi,
Not sure how do I install that. I think we have the basic JIRA version.
I am looking more closely at your use case and reference document because I have not implemented this before. Having completed that review I conclude that my previous answer was incorrect and will not work. I apologize for misleading you.
I had initially thought that you could remove the top values for Impact and Urgency in the fields available to customers. But there are cases in the matrix where those top values could be select in combination with lower values in the other axis and the result would not be a P1/P2 Priority. So you cannot actual solve the problem by limiting the values available in the fields. Examples:
An ideal solution would be the one that @Vamsi Kandala recommended, but that capability is available only in DC, not in Cloud in the Customer Portal.
In Cloud, in the Customer Portal, it is not possible to control what options are available in one field (linked to an underlying work item field) based on the value selected in another field (linked to an underlying work item field).
I am still thinking about alternatives. I have a few ideas but I need to check some facts before I make a suggestion.
Can you tell us if you are using a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project? That could influence the suggestions.
Click the ... button next to the project name in the panel on the left and tell us what it says at the bottom of the pop-up.
Hi Trudy,
It shows Company Managed, same as your screenshot:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.