I have configured a listener to perform a workflow transition on comments but when I comment the issue nothing happens. I followed the documentation on Atlassian Documentation with the same title as the issue title. (https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/lQDtBg) The same function is used by the Atlassian Support. Is there anything else to do?
You probably need to include some kind of logs.
hopefully you will have written your plugin to include some debug output.
Do you see any errrs in the log when you add a comment ? If you have followed all the steps the listener should work . you might have missed something
Include some logging in the listener code. I've wrote a very similar listener to transition when reported commented or attach a file when the issue is in status foo. Common causes are:
Does the transition require some fields informed, or the user belonging to certain role?
Does the user executing the transition the necessary permissions?
Try to log as the user who executes the transition (not necessarily the same who commented/edited the issue) and try to execute it manually.
HTH
Hi Martin, where is that info, this link is broken (https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/lQDtBg) and I need to do something similar, thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.