After setting up an Issue Collector for my project, I find I am unable to submit an issue. The form does not close upon submission and the administration console reports the following error:
Solution: The Issue Collector requires the Summary field to be in the collector. If this field is removed this error is thrown.
Hi,
From the error message it seems that you have not replaced the URL at the <url-here> block. Can you make sure that you used the issue collector according to the following documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+the+Issue+Collector
Kind regards,
Peter
I purposely posted the error with <url-here> instead of my actual URL since it is a private URL. I had followed the documentation as it says.
I'm getting the same problem. Initially I wanted to used a collector with additional fields but even trying a collector with the basic/standard fields, I'm still getting the "unknown error" message.
I've got the same problem as Rachael George.
I'm receiving the same answer but Summary and Description are mandatory fields, so I'm not sure why I would be seeing these errors. Any ideas?
The issue for me was that the Default Report did not have permission to create an issue in the selected project.
I got the same error I have made the necessary fields to be required.
I got this error and is caused by the email, for example, "[27/09/2018 22:28:02] Unknown error occurred trying to invoke collector 'ICM Support Request' from '10.24.58.115' by test (dane.cintron@blabla.com)"
the email "dane.cintron@blabla.com" is found in the jira directory but it doesn't have permissions to login, so for that reason is getting the error, when I changed the email to "dane.cintro@blabla.com" works fine, because is another email (not added in the directory), or you can select the option "Always use issue reporter" in the issue collector, it avoids this issue.
:-)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.