What errors are you getting when you try to clone?
Anthony Mulholland - Latest version means different things to different accounts - I'm guessing you mean what's readily available to 'everyone' via atlassian.com rather than one of the pre-release or on-demand versions - but one of the biggest reasons to always include your JIRA version is to aid the next guy who is going to include the version number in his search string (perhaps). I'm guessing you mean this version?
-wc
It seems to work, but it clones in about 2 seconds and so it is highly suspicious, and when one goes to look for the cloned project it does not exist. The earlier version worked like a charm. I uninstalled the add in and then reinstalled it but it didn’t seem to matter. Also, I can't use numbers in the key anymore and it is limited to 2-10 letters. This update seems like a complete disaster.
I think you need to explain a bit more. JIRA does not do "clone project", you had not mentioned an addon before, and we still don't know which addon you are talking about. At a guess, it seems like you have upgraded JIRA and whatever the addon is. I can't speak for the addon until I know which one it is. But JIRA's key requirements are probably down to JIRA rather than the addon - Atlassian introduced stronger restrictions on the key format several versions back, as people were using all sorts of silly things and breaking all sorts of functions. At one point, you had no option for flexibility at all, but for later versions, see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Changing+the+Project+Key+Format - and never use any characters other than A-Z for the first character and A-Z, 0-9 and underscore for the rest of the key.
it is the Metova Project Clone Plugin version 1.0.4.; we did not upgrade or do anything to Jira. We only updated the add-on to the latest version. The add-on was working PERFECTLY before the update. We did not alter any Jira settings. Thank you
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.