Hi,
Can you advise how to undelete a user in Jira? User was accidentaly deleted from confluance.
Thanks
jk
You can't undelete a user, just re-add them as they were before.
Can I reassign the tickets the user created to the new user? Or are you saying that if I create the user with the same email address/username, the system will automaticaly reassign everything back?
BTW, it would be nice to have some Trash option. :-)
Jira won't let you delete a user who has assigned or reported issues, so they couldn't have been on any issues.
If you put them back with the same username, then they'll get back everything they had before, EXCEPT their groups and roles. (Jira only uses the email address to send mail to, it's not important as far as the rest of the system is concerned)
That works :-). That is actually almost the same as undelete.
Thanks!
Is this still the case where I'd have to recreate the account as it was? I'm in this exact situation right now where I'd like to recover a bunch of deleted accounts.
Yes, as you deleted a user, Jira can't know what was there before. You will need to create new accounts to get the users back
Hi, i need support in being able to add a user again, since it was removed, due to human error when deleting the user the issues assigned to this user were deleted. How can you recover the issues? I remain attentive to your comments
Invite it back with the same email, all the histories will be back, as long as you know the email address.
Shine, when deleting a user the tool automatically assigns each issue the previous responsible. This way when disabling or deleting a user does not eliminate the issues of jira.
Regards
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.