I am trying to test that my native database backup tool is working. I followed these steps:
- made a backup of my jiradb using SQL Server, (using SQLServer Mgt Studio)
- transferred it to my test server,
- restored the jiradb from the backup, (using SSMS)
- confirmed from SSMS that the jiradb on the test server looks ok.
- I then used /bin/config.bat to confirm that JIRA on my test server is pointed at jiradb (as instructed here)
But when I launch Jira, it acts like there is no database and displays the "JIRA Setup" window. From there it asks if I have "existing data", and if I click that link it asks for the path to the xml backup file. (I didn't make one).
The Help documentation only explains how to restore from an xml backup (even though another page strongly recommends that native db backup tools are used. But I can't find any documentation for restoring the database on the new server from the DB backup file.