Hi everyone,
I’m running Jira version 9.12.8 and recently encountered an issue where Jira can no longer reindex. When I run a full reindex, it remains stuck at 0% indefinitely (even after several days).
I enabled index debugging in Logging and Profiling, and based on the logs it appears that Jira is actually processing the index. However, the progress in the UI never updates, and no errors appear in the logs.
For context, my database is Oracle. Everything worked fine with a single schema, but after importing a new schema into a new service name on the same Oracle database, reindexing stopped working.
Here are some sample lines from the log:
2025-11-22 14:35:06,596+0330 IssueIndexer:thread-41 DEBUG [c.a.j.issue.index.DefaultWorklogDocumentFactory] Indexing worklog: issueId=2607915, worklogId=4022175, version=1
2025-11-22 14:35:07,800+0330 IssueIndexer:thread-15 DEBUG [c.a.j.issue.index.DefaultCommentDocumentFactory] Indexing comment: issueId=2609228, commentId=7125365, version=6
2025-11-22 14:35:10,405+0330 IssueIndexer:thread-13 DEBUG [c.a.j.issue.index.DefaultChangeHistoryDocumentFactory] Indexing changeHistoryGroup: issueId=2609350, changeHistoryGroupId=-1, version=26
Has anyone experienced this issue or knows what might be causing it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.